This dice drinking game Hatman is a classic ice breaker for every party. Usually participants play on their own, however it is also possible to team up.
Materials: 2 dice, one hat
Time: 5-10 minutes per game
Optimal in quiet environments
A perfect game for a quick start into the evening.
- Quick to setup
- Easy to play
- Not the most exciting game
To start the party game, everyone rolls one dice. The one with the lowest number starts with the hat on being the hat (wo)man. Now the game starts. One player after the other rolls either one or two dice. Depending on what number was thrown there are different actions to be performed.
- 3 ( 3 or 1+2) -> The Hatman drinks one sip
- 3 by the hat man -> The hat can be given to a player of choice
- 4 hands to the floor (table) -> last one takes one sip
- 7 -> The player to the left drinks one sip
- 11 -> The player to the right drinks one sip
- 4+1 -> Everybody must touch their nose -> last one takes one sip. Whenever someone touches their nose at any other time -> one sip
- 1+1 -> Choose a partner who drinks with you
- any other double -> The Hatman drinks as many sips as one dice shows (e.g. 4+4 = 4 sips)
- Exception: 3+3 -> The Hatman has to drink 6 sips
All the other numbers are called “dead rolls”. A player continues to roll the dice until a dead roll is thrown. Then the player to the left proceeds. The hat can only be passed when the hatman rolls a 3 (or 1+2). If that happens, the hatman can give the hat to a player of choice. The game is over when the drinks are empty.
- agree on one number that allows the player who rolled it to add general game rules
- only roll with the left hand
- no names can be called
- no pointing at other players
- you can’t look a certain person in the eyes
- you can only use the bathroom after rolling a certain number
- many more rules -> get creative
- for certain numbers only girl/boys drink
Have fun and drink responsibly 😀