Every child knows Uno and nearly all of us loved to play the card game. For adults, this game might not be the most exciting one. However, by just adding a few rules, this game becomes an awesome drinking game for every party. It is easy to start with, fast-paced and fun is guaranteed.
Materials: Uno card set
Time: 10-15 minutes per game
- Easy to play
- Everybody knows the basic rules
- Need Uno cards
The game works like the usual Uno game improved by some additional rules (if you don’t know the rules, please seek help elsewhere. Also, we are sorry for your childhood).
Every player gets 7 cards. The first player to get rid of all the cards is allowed to pick other players who have to drink. How many of them (3, 2 or 2) depends on how many players join the game. Also, make sure to be clear what the punishment is – a shot, a sip of a long drink, or just a sip of a beer? The game proceeds until there are only 2 players left. Both of them have to take a punishment drink/sip as well.
- Whenever a player forgets to say “Uno” (s)he has to take one sip.
- 4 to the floor: When a four is played every player needs to touch the floor (or the table). The last one has to take a sip.
- 7 to heaven: When a seven is played every player needs to raise their hands. The last one has to take a sip.
- +2: The player who has to pick two cards also has to take a sip. However, if the player has another +2, (s)he can top the card off and the next player has to pick four cards. However, the sip gets back to the player who started the attack. If the next player also plays eh +2, the original attacker has to take two sips. This goes on until a full circle has been played. In that case, everyone, except the attacker, has to take three sips.
- In case you hold the exact same card as the one that was played (e.g 3 in red), you can play it – no matter if it was your turn or not. The player whose turn it originally was has to take one sip.
- The youngest player picks a color at the beginning. Is a card with that color involved in an action that leads to a punishment, the sips will be doubled.
- Additional rules can be added before or during the Uno game.
- only put the cards down with the left hand
- no names can be called
- no pointing at other players
- you can’t look a certain person in the eyes
- you can only use the bathroom after rolling a certain number
- many more rules -> get creative
Have fun and drink responsibly 😀
Find many more awesome card drinking games!